Renfrewshire Youth Voice is a youth charity run by young people with a dedicated board (Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer). RYV bridges the gap between young people and the decision making process both locally and at the national level.
At Renfrewshire Youth Voice we have worked with various third sector organisations and partners such as:
Renfrewshire Youth Voice covers the entirety of the local authority area and as such we act as an umbrella organisation helping to represent, support and promote smaller youth voice groups/youth groups through our affiliate membership scheme.
Renfrewshire Youth Voice ever since its inception and even till this day serves as a youth voice forum established in the early 2000's.
Originally it was founded as a space for Renfrewshire’s elected Members of the Scottish Youth Parliament to meet with the young folk of Renfrewshire, almost like a surgery.
It has since then grown into the charity we know today endeavouring to bridge the gap between the decision making process and the youth of Renfrewshire.
Our aims are:
- To facilitate and organise activites for young people aged 12-25, who either live or regularly use services in Renfrewshire.
- To provide young people with a safe and friendly environment where they can participate in youth voice activities to ensure they have a say in decisions within the local area.
- To equip young people with soft-skills such as teamwork, organisational skills and improving their self-esteem and confidence.
- To alleviate the effects of poverty amongst young people, by promoting a culture of inclusion and tackling any forms of discrimination.
- To work with local organisations, business and the local authority in the best interests of young people.
By submitting this form you are subscribing to receive monthly newsletters from Renfrewshire Youth Voice.